Get Relief for Your Allergic Reactions Symptoms
Allergies at any time of the year can be frustrating to deal with. Whether you’re a person who gets mild seasonal allergies each year or have an allergic reaction to something you’ve ingested, the professional team of medical providers at Total Point Urgent Care can provide treatment for your non-life threatening allergic reaction at our urgent care centers in Arizona and Texas.
Our team understands the broad range of symptoms often associated with mild, non-life threatening allergic reactions, and can help you by diagnosing your allergies, treating them, and showing you how to take steps to prevent them in the future. Allergies can also be life-threatening, so it’s vital to know when you should seek emergency medical assistance.
What Are Allergies?
Allergies are triggered when your body’s immune system mistakes an everyday substance for a dangerous element in your body. Your body’s immune system responds by attacking the allergies and producing histamines, which cause allergy symptoms.
The symptoms of allergies and whether they’re mild to severe vary. Some allergies can produce minor irritations, and others result in anaphylactic shock, a life-threatening condition. People are allergic to a seemingly infinite variety of substances, but the most common types of allergies include:
- Airborne: Airborne allergies include mold, dust, animal dander, and pollen.
- Insect: Insect bites such as bee stings, fire ant bites, and bed bug bites can cause allergic reactions.
- Medicine: People can have allergic reactions to medicines, commonly seen with penicillin and penicillin-based antibiotics.
- Skin: Latex is a common skin allergy.
- Food: People can be allergic to various foods, including eggs, peanuts, fish, soy, tree nuts, milk, and wheat.
Allergic Reactions Symptoms
Allergy symptoms vary widely depending on how severe the allergic reaction is. Most people experience mild symptoms that involve the sinuses, which can also be mistaken for the common cold. These symptoms include:
- Runny nose
- Itchy, watery eyes
- Rashy, itchy skin
Severe Allergic Reactions Symptoms
If you suspect you’re experiencing a severe allergic reaction, you must immediately go to the emergency room for medical attention. Anaphylaxis is a serious, life-threatening medical condition that can cause your body anaphylactic shock. Symptoms associated with anaphylaxis shock can include:
- Tingling mouth
- Swelling of the lips, tongue, face, or throat
- Chest tightness or shortness of breath
- Wheezing and coughing
- Nausea and vomiting
- Runny, stuffy nose
- Itchy, watery eyes
- Rashy or itchy skin
Allergies Reactions Treatment
Unfortunately, allergies typically can’t be cured. However, there are several ways to alleviate or treat the symptoms associated with allergies, including:
- Avoid the Allergens – One of the most effective ways to treat allergies is to avoid the allergen that triggers your immune system entirely. While avoiding certain allergens such as pollen is difficult, reducing your exposure can lessen your symptoms. For severe allergies, it’s important to strictly avoid the allergen.
- Nasal Rinse – Performing a quick nasal rinse with saline solution can effectively treat people suffering from airborne allergies. This helps clear the nasal passages of the allergen(s).
- Medications – For individuals with severe allergies, an epinephrine auto-injector is prescribed to combat symptoms of
Get Treatment for Your Allergies Today
When you need effective treatment for your non-life-threatening allergies, the team of medical providers at Total Point Urgent Care is here for you. We’re your convenient, community healthcare resource. Our team is committed to providing communities throughout Texas and Arizona with immediate medical care services at a fraction of the cost of an emergency room visit. Contact us today to learn more about our walk-in urgent care centers and get fast, effective treatment for your allergy symptoms!