Visit Our Urgent Care Center Today
Total Point Urgent Care provides cardiovascular health screenings for patients throughout Texas and Arizona. As a convenient healthcare resource for the community, our urgent care centers offer the medical care patients need at a fraction of the cost they encounter in the emergency room. The health screenings we provide, as well as all our services, are efficient and personalized. We offer warm care and convenient services to our valued patients so that you have the best possible experience.
Five Common Cardiovascular Diseases
Heart disease, a type of cardiovascular disease, is the leading cause of death in the United States and the world. Determining risk factors is highly important with the commonality of cardiovascular conditions and diseases. The five most common cardiovascular diseases can help you adjust both your health and lifestyle to avoid heart-related health problems:
- Heart Attack – This disease occurs when the heart muscle is deprived of oxygen, which it needs to operate. A heart attack occurs when the blood flow that delivers oxygen to the heart muscle has been significantly reduced or has stopped entirely. This lack of oxygen is commonly due to the slow buildup of plaque in the coronary arteries, including fat, cholesterol, and other substances. Blood clots can form around the plaque and slow or block the blood flow.
- Stroke – This is considered a cardiovascular disease due to its correlation to blood flow. A stroke occurs when there is a problem with blood flow to the brain, rather than the heart. Without oxygen and blood, the brain can suffer damage or even die off if not quickly treated.
- Heart Failure – Also called congestive heart failure, this cardiovascular disease happens when the heart doesn’t pump blood as well as it should. Though the name suggests it, this disease does not indicate that the heart has stopped beating entirely. During this disease, the heart doesn’t pump blood at a high enough rate for the body to continue functioning.
- Arrhythmia – Heart arrhythmia is an abnormal heart rhythm of any kind. This could mean the heart is too slow or fast or beats irregularly. If the heart is without proper rhythm, it cannot work as effectively as it can otherwise. If someone has arrhythmia, their heart may not be able to pump the adequate amount of blood needed to deliver oxygen to the other organs.
- Heart Valve Complications – These complications, much like arrhythmias, can cause a wide range of abnormalities to occur. Stenosis occurs when the valves in the heart don’t open adequately enough for blood flow to happen normally. Regurgitation occurs when the valves in the heart do not close correctly, letting blood leak through.
How Do I Lower My Risk for Cardiovascular Disease?
When it comes to lowering one’s risk for cardiovascular disease, there are several things to consider. It’s important to consider your diet quality, physical activity, smoking habits, body mass index (BMI), blood pressure, and total cholesterol. By managing their health behaviors and risk facts, patients can lower their risk of suffering from cardiovascular health issues such as cardiovascular disease. Additionally, frequently visiting a healthcare provider for cardiovascular health screenings can help keep an eye on your cardiovascular health and ensure it is in a favorable position. We begin offering these health screenings to patients aged 20 and above. The frequency of follow-up depends on your level of risk.
Contact Us Today for Cardiovascular Health Screenings
Our urgent care clinics provide patients with immediate medical attention and care at a fraction of the cost of an emergency room. In addition to cardiovascular health screenings, we offer a wide range of additional healthcare services. Total Point Urgent Care’s professional, highly-qualified staff are dedicated to providing you with the best possible care. With various locations throughout Texas and Arizona, we can reach a wide range of patients throughout both states. To learn more, contact us today.